Sunday, September 15, 2013

Scotland

     So right now I'm sitting with a "hottie" ?? which is a warmed up thermos type thing with a knit covering. It is to keep you warm while you sleep. Scotland in September is WAY colder than anything I've ever felt at home. This evening I was helping fringe a blanket and my fingers literally went numb. I am in the most unreal estate in rural Scotland. It's like something out of the movies. It's 3 stories and surrounded by pristine gardens, green houses, and potting sheds. The family breeds a rare breed of sheep for wool. I'm staying on the third floor in a converted attic, seriously a dream.
     Upon arrival there was a giant feast with tons of wine. Half way through what I thought was chicken pot pie, the dad warned me to be careful for "shot" in it, since his son shot the rabbit in the yard. At lunch we went through several bottles of wine, which I am definitely not used to, but won't complain:) They showed us around the grounds and introduced us to the different parts of their property. Then we had an amazing, 3 hour long dinner over candles, classical music, and more wine. I also had lamb for the first time with mint and home made jam. Seriously never going back to vegetarianism. The mom is such a talented cook! I'm going to help her take photos of her wool throws, blankets, and clothing, for her website and help her advertise on pinterest and etsy! More pictures and stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment